Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Review : Harley & Rose by Carmen Jenner - Favorite book of 2016

Harley & RoseHarley & Rose by Carmen Jenner

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I am in awe of this book. The only other books of Carmen Jenner's I have read are her MC books so I wasn't expecting this at all. Her MC books are sexy, erotic, violent and rough around the edges. I loved those books and her knack for keeping a reader enthralled. So I wasn't surprised that Ms. Jenner could pull this story off so well. Not to mention my sister in law kept telling me I had to read Harley & Rose. So I started it and three chapters in I was on a mission to devour this book and so I did.

The book follows Rose's point of view as she lives almost her entire life loving her best friend Harley who she believes doesn't love her back. I especially enjoyed how the author went back to certain ages in whole chapters to tell a piece of their past. For me I was able to get to know the young Harley & Rose and feel the progression of their love from childhood to adulthood. A love that never dies but develops into a deep love and complete understanding of the other. They navigate through the trials and tribulations of adolescence, high school and college miles apart, broken hearts and other relationships. But they always find their way back to each other like Peter Pan and his Wendy. I loved those references to the classic fairy tale as well but real life is no fairy tale no matter how much we all would like it to be.

This book is emotional and raw it will make you laugh, cry and want to pull your hair out but it is so worth it. I am a firm believer that spoilers are awful so I will not say too much more except if you have not picked up Harley & Rose you must do so immediately. You will not regret this book, I just put it down about an hour ago and my mind is racing with thoughts of these characters. An epic story of childhood love that turns into a passionate love affair that this reader will remember for years to come.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment