Sunday, February 19, 2017

Review: Toward the Sound of Chaos by Carmen Jenner

Toward the Sound of ChaosToward the Sound of Chaos by Carmen Jenner

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Awesome story of a solider at his lowest point in life suffering from PTSD and how he finds his way thanks to a single mom and her autistic son.

I am already a fan of Carmen Jenner so I will grab any of her books and devour them. On the heels of reading the wonderful Harley and Rose I wanted to get more from this fantastic author so I pulled up Toward the Sound of Chaos on my Kindle that I had purchased a few months back.

I was not disappointed. She intrigued me from the first chapter, I adored Ellie and her son Spencer. Ellie is on the run from her abusive husband trying to take care of her son and run a business in a small town. From a far she has been checking out military hometown her Jake. But Jake is resistant to any relationship friend or otherwise. Ellie and Spencer manage to pull him out of his shell.

Jake and his service dog Nuke were the perfect match to complete their family. It would be an emotional long road for them to get to the HEA. There would be trauma, tragedy and a plot twists. In the end fate would not deny this damaged couple the opportunity to heal each other.

Carmen Jenner did an excellent job of getting me to feel for Jake as he suffered through his PTSD coming to terms with the idea of being worthy of a life. My heart broke for Ellie as she tried to navigate being a single mom to an autistic child. Carmen gave a realistic depiction of a child with autism, and a man with PTSD I really felt like she did her research on PTSD, autism and domestic abuse which made for a fuller story.

An emotional, heart wrenching realistic story of love and understanding.

Another highly recommended read for me. I can not wait for the next book which is a spin off of this one but you don't have to read this one to follow the next book The Way Back Home. The Way Back Home Carmen Jenner



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment